Federal Government Contracts Compliance: Latest Developments
Navigating Evolving FAR Requirements and Other Complex Regulations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to companies pursuing or engaged in government contracts on the complex rules and requirements for government contracting. The panel will offer best practices for developing internal controls to ensure and monitor contract compliance.
- Recent developments
- FAR requirements for business ethics, compliance programs and mandatory disclosure
- ARRA requirements for stimulus recipients and contractors
- Pending congressional initiatives
- Key considerations when entering government contracts
- Types of contracts
- Bid and proposal requirements
- Best practices for contract compliance
- Scope of contract
- Modifications, changes, equitable adjustments
- Resolving contract disputes
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What is driving the increase in companies' pursuit of federal government contracting opportunities?
- How have the mandatory disclosure rules implemented in December 2008 and the stimulus package disclosure requirements impacted the business practices of government contractors and their counsel?
- What are the unique legal risks of conducting business with the federal government — and how can they be mitigated?
- How can government contractors and their counsel ensure compliance with the various relevant regulatory requirements?
Amy Laderberg O'Sullivan
Crowell & Moring
Her practice involves a mix of litigation and day-to-day counseling for corporate clients of all sizes and levels of... | Read More
Her practice involves a mix of litigation and day-to-day counseling for corporate clients of all sizes and levels of experience as government contractors. Her counseling practice ranges from the day-to-day survival issues facing small businesses to the complex and specific legal questions from large defense contractors. She has represented corporate clients in bid protests and other litigation.Close
Angela B. Styles
Crowell & Moring
Ms. Styles concentrates on government contracts counseling and litigation, including procurement ethics and... | Read More
Ms. Styles concentrates on government contracts counseling and litigation, including procurement ethics and compliance, civil and criminal fraud matters under the False Claims Act, mandatory disclosure, procurement integrity and the Anti-Kickback Act. She formerly served as Administrator for Federal Procurement Policy within the Office of Management and Budget at the White House.Close
Rand L. Allen
He represents clients, ranging from “middle market IT” and professional services firms to the nation's... | Read More
He represents clients, ranging from “middle market IT” and professional services firms to the nation's largest aerospace and defense contractors, in every aspect of government contracting, including bid protests, disputes, commercial litigation, terminations, mergers and acquisitions, “procurement fraud”/False Claims Act investigations, suspension/debarment and regulatory issues.Close