FCPA Internal Investigations: Latest Developments
Preserving the Evidence, Assessing Voluntary Disclosure and Other Key Elements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare counsel for companies with business in foreign countries to evaluate whether an internal investigation should be conducted into potential Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations. The panel will review the key elements and challenges involved and outline best practices for conducting the investigation.
To investigate or not to investigate
- Determining validity of suspected/alleged FCPA violation
- Determining whether an investigation is needed
- Scope of investigation
Key elements and challenges
- Critical aspects of an efficient investigation
- Considerations when doing investigations abroad
- How far should the factual inquiry go
- Ethical dilemmas and conflicts of interest
Conducting the investigation
- What the investigation should look like
- Impact of specific industries
- Identifying and interviewing employees/witnesses
- Privilege issues
- Collecting and reviewing documents
- Disclosure obligations triggered by investigation
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key considerations for counsel conducting internal investigations abroad?
- What can counsel do to protect privileges and confidential information?
- What are the best practices to minimize violations of privacy law and the blocking statute?
- What steps can companies take to control costs while ensuring sufficient information has been gathered for a proper internal investigation?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Kimberly A. Parker
Ms. Parker regularly counsels clients on how to develop effective FCPA compliance programs, how to avoid potential... | Read More
Ms. Parker regularly counsels clients on how to develop effective FCPA compliance programs, how to avoid potential FCPA problems, and how to address FCPA problems when they arise. She also represents clients in internal investigations throughout the world. She co-authored the leading treatise in the field, "Complying With the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act."Close
John E. Davis
Miller & Chevalier Chartered
He focuses on international regulatory compliance and enforcement issues. He advises on corruption issues around the... | Read More
He focuses on international regulatory compliance and enforcement issues. He advises on corruption issues around the world, including compliance with the FCPA. He works with clients in developing and implementing internal compliance programs, conducting due diligence on third parties, assessing compliance risks in merger and acquisition contexts, and auditing compliance processes.Close