FCPA Due Diligence in M&A Amid Increased Enforcement
Developing and Risks and Implementing Post-Closing Protections
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to deal teams on conducting M&A FCPA due diligence to assess and mitigate pre-closing risks and implement post-closing protections.
- Recent enforcement activity and take-aways
- Due diligence challenges
- Local laws
- Business culture in restricted environment
- Record keeping
- Conducting due diligence of nontransparent entities
- Recent DOJ/SEC guidance
- Due diligence best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors should acquiring companies consider when conducting FCPA due diligence on a target company?
- What cost effective strategies can companies employ to reduce FCPA risk posed by potential targets?
- What steps should counsel take when red flags or violations are discovered in the due diligence process?
- When is post-closing diligence needed?
- How has recent DOJ action - including introduction of the FCPA pilot program - impacted buyers' due diligence obligations?
Thaddeus R. McBride
Bass Berry & Sims
Mr. McBride represents companies and individuals in international trade regulatory, compliance, investigative, and... | Read More
Mr. McBride represents companies and individuals in international trade regulatory, compliance, investigative, and enforcement matters involving U.S. economic sanctions and economic embargoes, U.S. export controls, FCPA, U.S. anti-boycott controls, U.S. customs and other import controls, anti-money laundering and other banking controls, and U.S. international trade enforcement and regulatory actions.Close
Vice President, Office of the General Counsel
Mr. Schuettler oversees the company’s international trade operations, with responsibility for export/import... | Read More
Mr. Schuettler oversees the company’s international trade operations, with responsibility for export/import licensing and operational compliance; and as a critical member of the M&A and divestitures team, leading the due diligence and integration teams. He formerly led the company’s international regulatory affairs, with worldwide compliance responsibilities for export, import, antiboycott, sanctions, and bribery regulations to include training, audits, investigations and disclosures.Close
Director, International Regulatory Affairs
Mr. Simoes leads the company’s international regulatory affairs function, with responsibilities for export,... | Read More
Mr. Simoes leads the company’s international regulatory affairs function, with responsibilities for export, import, anti-boycott, sanctions, and anti-bribery compliance, including conducting and reviewing due diligence on international partners, training employees and international partners, conducting audits and internal investigations, and preparing disclosures.Close