FCPA Compliance: Meeting FCPA Requirements and Minimizing Liability Risks
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance, including the requirements related to gifts and hospitality, as well as books and records. The panel will also discuss identifying government officials and third-party due diligence. The panel will offer best practices for compliance.
- Overview of FCPA
- Regional business culture/practice risks
- Identifying foreign officials
- Gifts, entertainment, and hospitality
- Third-party due diligence
- Books and records compliance
- Training of third parties/vendors
- Recent enforcement
- Developing culture of compliance
- Steps to take if misconduct is suspected or discovered
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- When do gifts to foreign officials cross the line from respecting local customs and culture to being viewed as bribery?
- What unique FCPA risks are created by different types of third parties?
- What records are companies mandated to maintain under the FCPA books and records requirement?
- What steps should companies and counsel take when misconduct is suspected or discovered?
Lindsey B. Fetzer
Bass Berry & Sims
Ms. Fetzer focuses her practice on white collar and corporate compliance matters, including healthcare fraud and abuse... | Read More
Ms. Fetzer focuses her practice on white collar and corporate compliance matters, including healthcare fraud and abuse issues. She has handled foreign and domestic matters involving the U.S. Dept. of Justice, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and other primary enforcement agencies. She has experience in matters involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and has conducted internal investigations and risk-based anti-corruption compliance reviews in Asia, Africa, Europe and South America. She also assists clients in developing and assessing anti-corruption compliance programs and in evaluating anti-corruption due diligence protocols.Close
Thaddeus R. McBride
Bass Berry & Sims
Mr. McBride represents companies and individuals in international trade regulatory, compliance, investigative, and... | Read More
Mr. McBride represents companies and individuals in international trade regulatory, compliance, investigative, and enforcement matters involving U.S. economic sanctions and economic embargoes, U.S. export controls, FCPA, U.S. anti-boycott controls, U.S. customs and other import controls, anti-money laundering and other banking controls, and U.S. international trade enforcement and regulatory actions.Close