FCPA Compliance Audits: Monitoring and Improving FCPA Compliance Programs During and After the Pandemic
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel and internal audit departments with companies of all sizes doing business outside the U.S. in planning and executing internal audits to test compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) during and after the Pandemic.
- Importance of FCPA audits and risk assessments
- Core elements of an anti-corruption compliance program
- General parameters of an anti-corruption audit
- Risks associated with failure to conduct audit/risk assessment
- Forensic examination of anti-corruption compliance
- Establishing methodology
- Prevalent corruption and fraud schemes
- Recommendations for improving financial accounting controls and procedures
- Challenges and risks of anti-corruption compliance reviews
- Identifying challenges
- Strategies for overcoming challenges during and after the pandemic
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the essential components of an effective FCPA audit?
- What strategies are available to overcome troublesome audit challenges during and after the pandemic?
- What are lessons from recent DOJ/SEC investigations and settlements?
- What steps can counsel take to guide clients and companies in executing cost-efficient audits during and after the pandemic?
James Gargas, MAcc, CPA, CFF, CFE
Mr. Gargas has more than a decade of specialized anti-corruption and forensic accounting experience. His practice... | Read More
Mr. Gargas has more than a decade of specialized anti-corruption and forensic accounting experience. His practice focuses on internal investigations, compliance programs and due diligence. Mr. Gargas has worked extensively with Corporate Compliance personnel to develop, implement and refine monitoring programs as well as with Internal Audit departments to test anti-corruption controls and assess substantive compliance practices at clients' international subsidiaries, and he has visited more than 60 countries for anti-corruption matters.Close
Jonathan M. (Jon) Steffy, CPA, CAMS
Mr. Steffy is a Manager in PwC's Forensics practice specializing in risk management, financial crime compliance,... | Read More
Mr. Steffy is a Manager in PwC's Forensics practice specializing in risk management, financial crime compliance, and corporate investigation services. His experience includes providing subject-matter expertise, investigative services, and compliance solutions in the economic crime compliance domain (anti-fraud, anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-customer (KYC), and anti-bribery and corruption (ABAC)).Close
David A. Wilson
Mr. Wilson focuses on complex civil litigation, internal and government investigations, and securities enforcement... | Read More
Mr. Wilson focuses on complex civil litigation, internal and government investigations, and securities enforcement matters. He represents clients in investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission congressional committees, and various federal agencies. He has led and been involved in many internal corporate investigations, including audit committee and special committee investigations.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 08/28/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 08/28/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H