FBAR and U.S. Tax Reporting: Compliance Requirements for Foreign Assets
Unraveling Foreign Asset and Income Reporting Obligations, Navigating Available Voluntary Disclosure Programs
A live 90-minute CLE/CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will provide counsel and tax advisers with the tools necessary to navigate the rules regarding FBAR and available programs and planning methods in reporting offshore assets, as well as assisting clients with developing programs that provide workable solutions.
- Delinquent information return program
- Streamlined disclosure program (SDP)
- U.S. resident
- Non-U.S. resident
- Other available options Post-OVDP
- Current IRS procedures for evaluating voluntary submittals
The panel will review these and other priority issues:
- Explaining to your client the value of not waiting until the IRS shows up on their doorstep to fix their offshore filing issues
- What is the statute of limitations on IRS assessment when taxpayers fail to meet their obligations to report their offshore assets?
- What are the requirements for the delinquent international information return submission procedures and the delinquent FBAR submission procedures? When does a taxpayer qualify for these procedures?
- In what ways can the SDOP/SFOP and other available programs benefit taxpayers?
- What are the best practices to implement in determining how these voluntary disclosure programs can work for particular clients?
- How should tax advisers best navigate the disclosure program requirements?
Dennis N. Brager, Esq.
Certified Tax Specialist
Brager Tax Law Group
Mr. Brager is a nationally known tax litigation attorney, representing clients in criminal and civil tax litigation and... | Read More
Mr. Brager is a nationally known tax litigation attorney, representing clients in criminal and civil tax litigation and tax controversy matters. Before founding the Brager Tax Law Group, a Los Angeles-based tax litigation and tax controversy law firm, he was a senior trial attorney for the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel. Since 2008 he has represented several hundred clients with offshore accounts. He also represents clients on a variety of issues, including criminal and civil tax fraud, tax audit and appeals, payroll and sales tax problems, tax preparer penalties, innocent spouse defenses, offers in compromise, installment payment agreements, Office of Professional Responsibility (“OPR”) defenses and more.Close
Deborah J. Jacobs
The Law Office of Deborah J. Jacobs
Ms. Jacobs represents clients worldwide on international tax matters under U.S. tax laws including cross-border... | Read More
Ms. Jacobs represents clients worldwide on international tax matters under U.S. tax laws including cross-border transactions, tax treaty planning, foreign tax credit planning, repatriation and deferral planning, and international tax compliance. Her clients are individuals, foreign companies and entities, and individuals or financial institutions doing business or residing in the United States, U.S. companies and entities, and financial institutions doing business or residing abroad.Close
Gallet Dreyer & Berkey
Mr. Rubinstein's practice focuses on domestic and international asset protection, wealth preservation, estate... | Read More
Mr. Rubinstein's practice focuses on domestic and international asset protection, wealth preservation, estate planning, tax planning, tax controversy, offshore tax compliance, and related litigation. He is a recognized expert on offshore entities, foreign banking and IRS compliance issues.Close
Buy Live Webinar
See NASBA details.
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H