FBAR and U.S. Tax Reporting and Compliance Requirements for Foreign Assets
Unraveling Foreign Asset and Income Reporting Obligations, Evaluating and Navigating the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will provide counsel and tax advisers with the tools necessary to navigate the new rules regarding FBAR and offshore voluntary disclosure programs (OVDPs) and assist clients with developing programs that provide workable solutions.
- Delinquent information return program
- Streamlined disclosure program (SDP)
- U.S. resident
- Non-U.S. resident
- Offshore voluntary disclosure program (OVDP)
- Current IRS procedures for evaluating voluntary submittals
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Explaining to your client the value of not waiting until the IRS shows up on their doorstep to fix their offshore filing issues.
- What is the statute of limitations on IRS assessment when taxpayers fail to timely meet their obligations to report their offshore assets?
- What are the requirements for the Delinquent International Information Return Submission Procedures and the Delinquent FBAR Submission Procedures? When does a taxpayer qualify for these procedures?
- In what ways can the SDOP/SFOP and OVDP programs benefit taxpayers?
- What best practices should be implemented in determining how these voluntary disclosure programs can work for particular clients?
- How should tax advisers best navigate the SDOP/SFOP or OVDP requirements?
Dennis N. Brager, Esq.
Certified Tax Specialist
Brager Tax Law Group
Mr. Brager is a nationally known tax litigation attorney, representing clients in criminal and civil tax litigation and... | Read More
Mr. Brager is a nationally known tax litigation attorney, representing clients in criminal and civil tax litigation and tax controversy matters. Before founding the Brager Tax Law Group, a Los Angeles-based tax litigation and tax controversy law firm, he was a senior trial attorney for the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel. Since 2008 he has represented several hundred clients with offshore accounts. He also represents clients on a variety of issues, including criminal and civil tax fraud, tax audit and appeals, payroll and sales tax problems, tax preparer penalties, innocent spouse defenses, offers in compromise, installment payment agreements, Office of Professional Responsibility (“OPR”) defenses and more.Close
Deborah J. Jacobs
The Law Office of Deborah J. Jacobs
Ms. Jacobs represents clients worldwide on international tax matters under U.S. tax laws including cross-border... | Read More
Ms. Jacobs represents clients worldwide on international tax matters under U.S. tax laws including cross-border transactions, tax treaty planning, foreign tax credit planning, repatriation and deferral planning, and international tax compliance. Her clients are individuals, foreign companies and entities, and individuals or financial institutions doing business or residing in the United States, U.S. companies and entities, and financial institutions doing business or residing abroad.Close
Rubinstein and Rubinstein
Mr. Rubinstein concentrates his practice in domestic and international asset protection, wealth preservation, tax... | Read More
Mr. Rubinstein concentrates his practice in domestic and international asset protection, wealth preservation, tax planning and compliance, and related litigation. He has represented clients in a range of transactions including cross-border business ventures and investments, banking and finance. He has established domestic and offshore investment funds, and has provided advice and consultation regarding U.S. tax, regulatory and other governmental compliance.Close