FASB Statement No. 167: Ongoing Challenges With Consolidating Variable Interest Entities
Tackling Issues With Filing Compliant Financials Until the Standard is Updated
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will offer accounting advisors lessons for dealing with the most complex choices with variable interest entities under FAS 167 (ASU 2009-17).
- Material terms of FAS 167 (ASU 2009-17)
- Expanded definition of VIE
- Determining the primary beneficiary
- Efforts to revise FAS 167
- Proposed revisions for commonality with IASB approach
- Proposed revisions related to investment companies/principal-agent
- Status of each
- Continuing challenges from FAS 167 implementations
- Accounting interpretation issues
- Financial statement issues
- Operational issues
The panel will address these and other critical aspects:
- FAS 167 overhaul: The bottom line and status of proposed improvements to the standard, and when to expect final action.
- Material terms of FAS 167: Determining when to consolidate VIEs, understanding the concept of economic power and others.
- FAS 167-compliant financials: Options for dealing with the most difficult challenges continuing to arise under FAS 167.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Managing Director, National Office
She provides technical advice on complex accounting matters to clients and firm personnel, particularly involving... | Read More
She provides technical advice on complex accounting matters to clients and firm personnel, particularly involving M&A, joint venture, consolidation and lease accounting topics for various business sectors. Prior to joining the national office, she worked in PwC's Transaction Services Group.Close
CBIZ MHM & Mayer Hoffman McCann
He has worked with the firm for eight years, and helped develop its internal VIE analysis practice aid and national... | Read More
He has worked with the firm for eight years, and helped develop its internal VIE analysis practice aid and national training program on consolidation.Close
Director, Professional Practices Group
She has 25 years of accounting and auditing experience and helps develop the firm's technical training and seminars.... | Read More
She has 25 years of accounting and auditing experience and helps develop the firm's technical training and seminars. Her work particularly involves interpreting and applying accounting and auditing standards, about which she is a frequent writer of professional articles.Close