FAR Regulations for Federal Contractors
Meeting Mandatory Disclosure, Code of Conduct and Other Complex Requirements; Implementing Internal Controls
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance for complying with the complex Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) rules and requirements for a code of conduct and mandatory disclosures for government contractors. The panel will provide practical approaches for developing a code of conduct and implementing internal control systems.
- Code of business ethics and conduct
- Internal control system
- Reasonable steps for communicating standards and procedures
- Mandatory disclosure of improper conduct
- Personal and organizational conflicts of interest
- Impact of noncompliance
Best practices for complying with current FAR requirements and lessons learned from recent experiences
- Establishing a compliance program
- Implementing internal controls
- Auditing internal control system
- Mandatory disclosures
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can contractors determine whether the FAR code of conduct requirements apply to them?
- What are best practices for counsel to contractors to establish a compliant business and ethics code of conduct?
- What strategies are effective for establishing internal controls to ensure and monitor compliance with the FAR requirements?
- What factors should contractors take into consideration when determining how to comply with mandatory disclosure requirements when improper conduct occurs?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
J. Catherine Kunz
Crowell & Moring
Ms. Kunz's practice involves both counseling and litigating on behalf of clients in a range of government contract... | Read More
Ms. Kunz's practice involves both counseling and litigating on behalf of clients in a range of government contract law areas, including GSA Schedule contracting, contract claims and disputes, fraud and abuse, cost accounting issues, purchasing and subcontracting, and federal healthcare contracting. She speaks and writes frequently on government contracts topics.Close
Kevin J. Maynard
Mr. Maynard represents clients in federal, state and local procurement matters, including contract claims and... | Read More
Mr. Maynard represents clients in federal, state and local procurement matters, including contract claims and disputes, bid protests, government investigations and audits, civil false claims act actions and compliance issues. He has expertise on issues relating to the government's acquisition of commercial products and services under FAR Part 12, as well as issues relating to GSA Schedule contracts.Close
Holly A. Roth
Manatt Phelps & Phillips
She advises clients on a broad range of federal, state, and local government contract, subcontract, federal assistance,... | Read More
She advises clients on a broad range of federal, state, and local government contract, subcontract, federal assistance, grant, and related regulatory compliance issues. She has extensive experience with GSA Schedule contracts, commercial contracts, firm fixed-price contracts, and cost-plus contracts with the federal government as well as commercial domestic and international commercial contracts.Close