False Advertising Consumer Class Actions: Navigating Complex Issues of Standing, Damages, CAFA Removal and More
Strategies for Class Certification, Summary Judgment, Settlement, and Trial
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the latest court developments and trends in false advertising consumer class actions. The panel will outline best practices for plaintiff and defense counsel to tackle challenges related to standing, damages, removal, certification and more.
- Recent trends in false advertising consumer class action lawsuits
- False advertising suit strategies
- CAFA removal
- Defeating certification
- Succeeding on merits before certification
- Burden of proof
- Puffery as a defense
- Discovery strategies
- Settlement strategies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What approaches have plaintiffs’ counsel found effective in pursuing false advertising consumer class claims?
- What are the methods that defense counsel can use to defeat certification in consumer false advertising cases?
- How have recent decisions on certification impacted the litigation of false advertising consumer class claims?
Joshua A. Reiten
Mr. Reiten represents a wide variety of clients in many areas of the law, including class action defense, trade... | Read More
Mr. Reiten represents a wide variety of clients in many areas of the law, including class action defense, trade secrets and other intellectual property disputes, unfair competition and consumer protection litigation, and complex commercial cases. He has substantial trial experience in both bench and jury trials.Close
Ali R. Rabbani
Winston & Strawn
Mr. Rabbani's practice is comprised of a broad range of complex commercial litigation, including securities,... | Read More
Mr. Rabbani's practice is comprised of a broad range of complex commercial litigation, including securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, consumer fraud class action, employment, and bankruptcy-related litigation.Close