Fair Lending Laws: Evolving Regulatory and Litigation Landscape
Responding to the Latest Challenges in Fair Lending Enforcement
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the latest regulatory developments in fair lending laws as well as litigation and enforcement trends, and discuss strategies to maintain compliant fair lending programs amid evolving standards.
- Regulatory developments in fair lending
- Impact of Dodd-Frank Act
- ECOA, HMDA, TILA
- Authority of Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
- Loan originator compensation rules
- Community Reinvestment Act
- Litigation and enforcement developments in fair lending
- National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) fair lending complaints against FHA lenders
- Department of Justice (DOJ) fair lending investigation and enforcement activity
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What is the expected impact of amendments to various fair lending laws pursuant to Dodd-Frank Act on lending activities and reporting requirements of depository institutions?
- What is the CFPB's authority with respect to defining activities subject to fair lending?
- How has the enforcement framework of fair lending changed and what can financial institutions expect in 2011?
- What impact will the new mortgage originator compensation rules have on fair lending obligations?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Richard J. Andreano
Patton & Boggs
He offers clients nearly 25 years of experience and a thorough understanding of issues facing the financial services,... | Read More
He offers clients nearly 25 years of experience and a thorough understanding of issues facing the financial services, mortgage banking and consumer finance industries. He advises lenders, brokers, title companies, real estate professionals and other settlement providers regarding regulatory compliance and transactional matters, FHA issues, and administrative enforcement actions and investigations.Close
Anthony J. Laura
He represents companies in a wide variety of industries in defense of product liability matters and complex commercial... | Read More
He represents companies in a wide variety of industries in defense of product liability matters and complex commercial litigation. He has extensive experience defending financial services companies against federal and state lender liability claims, with particular emphasis on consumer class action litigation.Close
The Collingwood Group
From 2005 to mid-2009, he served as Assistant Secretary of HUD and FHA Commissioner. He was responsible for the... | Read More
From 2005 to mid-2009, he served as Assistant Secretary of HUD and FHA Commissioner. He was responsible for the oversight and modernization of the insurance fund's $600 billion portfolio, HUD’s regulatory responsibilities to the housing mission of the GSEs, and the manufactured housing industry. Montgomery came to HUD and FHA from the Executive Office of the President of the United States.Close