Expert Witnesses: Attorney-Client Privilege and Work Product Protection
Protecting Confidential Communications With Experts and Outside Consultants Before and During Litigation
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide litigators with an analysis of the attorney-client privilege and work-product doctrine with respect to the use of experts and outside consultants before and during litigation. The panel will discuss common pitfalls and approaches to protect confidentiality and attorney work product.
- Scope of attorney-client privilege for experts and consultants
- Scope of work-product doctrine for experts and consultants
- Common pitfalls and traps that lead to waiver and loss of protection
- Best practices for protecting privileged communications and work product
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How do discovery rules distinguish between testifying experts and consulting experts?
- What are best practices for protecting the privilege and work product when working with expert witnesses?
- What are the distinctions between the attorney-client privilege and work product with regard to disclosure?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Jonathan Evan Goldberg
He focuses on all aspects of complex commercial litigation, employment law and litigation, and ERISA litigation. He is... | Read More
He focuses on all aspects of complex commercial litigation, employment law and litigation, and ERISA litigation. He is an experienced trial lawyer and frequent public speaker, has successfully represented numerous clients in federal and state courts throughout the United States in matters involving claims of retaliation, discrimination, wrongful termination, fraud, and breach of contract.Close
Andrew T. O'Connor
Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge
He practices in the Firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups. With extensive... | Read More
He practices in the Firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups. With extensive experience in all aspects of IP litigation, he represents clients in IP matters throughout the federal and state court systems concerning patents, design patents, trademarks, trade dress, false advertising, product disparagement, trade secrets, copyrights and related issues.Close