Expert Witness Depositions in Nursing Home Injury Cases: Taking and Defending Depositions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys representing victims or defendants in nursing home injury cases to take or defend the depositions of expert witnesses. The panel will discuss best practices for preparing your expert for deposition, effectively questioning the opposing party's expert, raising or defending objections, and leveraging the information obtained at the deposition during trial or settlement negotiations.
- Preparing your expert for deposition
- Deposing the opponent's expert
- Raising and defending objections
- Post-deposition strategies: using deposition information
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are best practices when preparing your expert before a deposition?
- What deposition questioning techniques will maximize the information obtained from the opposing party's expert?
- What are effective techniques for raising and defending objections during depositions of expert witnesses?
- How can expert deposition testimony be most effectively used during settlement and trial?
Mark A. Cox
Mark A. Cox
Since 1990, Mr. Cox has helped recover millions of dollars for those injured and the families of those killed by the... | Read More
Since 1990, Mr. Cox has helped recover millions of dollars for those injured and the families of those killed by the negligence of others. He has extensive experience in nursing home litigation and is a frequent author and lecturer on the topic.Close
Monica C. Fillmore
Ms. Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical... | Read More
Ms. Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical malpractice, and dental malpractice matters. She also has experience successfully representing her clients throughout professional board proceedings and in personal injury cases.Close
Joel E. Smith
Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm
Mr. Smith focuses on the representation of victims of nursing home neglect. He currently serves as the Chairperson... | Read More
Mr. Smith focuses on the representation of victims of nursing home neglect. He currently serves as the Chairperson of MNAJ’s Nursing Home Litigation Committee and Minnesota State Bar Association Governing Council for the Elder Law Section. He is a co-author of Thompson-West Publication’s Tort Litigation chapter on Nursing Home Litigation. He is actively involved in AAJ's Nursing Home Litigation Group.Close