Expert Testimony in Employment Discrimination and Harassment Cases
Effectively Using or Challenging Economic, Statistical and Psychological Experts During Discovery and Trial
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to employment litigators for effectively selecting, preparing and qualifying expert witnesses. The panel will discuss key considerations when bringing and defending Daubert and other challenges to expert witnesses.
- When is expert testimony needed?
- Types of experts typically used in discrimination and harassment cases
- “Gender stereotyping”
- Other types of experts
- Strategies for preparing and qualifying expert witnesses
- Selecting the expert
- Qualifying the expert
- Deposition strategies
- Trial strategies
- Daubert and other challenges to expert witnesses
- Bringing a Daubert challenge
- Defending a Daubert challenge
- Bringing and defending other types of challenges to experts
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key considerations for employment litigators deciding whether and when to use an expert witness?
- What are the best practices for preparing and qualifying experts for depositions and trial?
- When should expert testimony be challenged—and what are the most effective tactics?
- What strategies are effective for defending Daubert and other challenges to expert witnesses?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
James A. A. Pabarue
Christie Pabarue Mortensen and Young
He chairs the firm’s Employment Practices Department and advises and represents employers in employment matters.... | Read More
He chairs the firm’s Employment Practices Department and advises and represents employers in employment matters. He has represented employers in cases involving allegations of sexual harassment, racial and gender discrimination, FMLA and ADA violations and age discrimination. He is a frequent lecturer, making presentations at American Bar Association national conferences and state bar seminars.Close
Lawrence J. McNamara
Spencer Crain Cubbage Healy & McNamara
With over 30 years of experience, he practices litigation and labor and employment law. He counsels and defends... | Read More
With over 30 years of experience, he practices litigation and labor and employment law. He counsels and defends companies in matters relating to discrimination, wrongful discharge and employment torts, employer-union relations, employment agreements, non-competition covenants, trade secrets and confidential information, fair labor standards, safety and health, pension and benefits.Close
Trang Q. Tran
Tran Law Firm
He has been engaged in civil and litigation practice since 1996. He has worked in the areas of employment law,... | Read More
He has been engaged in civil and litigation practice since 1996. He has worked in the areas of employment law, intellectual property and commercial litigation. He has experience in trial, client counseling and settlement of employment, corporate and commercial matters, including wage & hour issues, technology licensing and contract dispute litigation.Close