Expanded FLSA Liability: Responding to the New Threat to CEOs, Directors and Joint Employers
Establishing Best Practices for Corporate Structuring, Pay Practice Reviews, and Employment Relationship Audits of Shared or Leased Employees
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will equip employment counsel with the tools necessary to tackle a new FLSA liability threat to CEOs and directors of companies and joint employers. The panel will provide techniques for responding and preventing exposure to liability.
- Personal liability in FLSA claims
- Joint employer liability in FLSA claims
- Economic realities test
- Avoiding liability
- Restructuring of CEO, director involvement
- Relationship restructuring in joint employment arrangements
- Review of pay practices
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- Under what circumstances can a CEO, director or joint employer become personally liable for FLSA wage violations?
- How should employers adjust individual executives’ responsibility and authority pursuant to the economic realities test?
- How should joint employers audit their relationships with shared or leased employees?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Christopher B. Kaczmarek
Mr. Kaczmarek represents employers before state and federal administrative agencies and courts. He regularly defends... | Read More
Mr. Kaczmarek represents employers before state and federal administrative agencies and courts. He regularly defends employers in litigation, including class actions and has specific knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as state wage and hour laws. He has written for a variety of publications and regularly gives lectures, presentations, and training sessions regarding a variety of employment law topics.Close
William C. Martucci
Shook Hardy & Bacon
Mr. Martucci practices exclusively on behalf of management in connection with national employment litigation and policy... | Read More
Mr. Martucci practices exclusively on behalf of management in connection with national employment litigation and policy matters. He has successfully defended various employment lawsuits and written and lectured extensively on employment law issues throughout the country. He has successfully tried a number of jury cases and has effectively managed a variety of class action cases.Close