Executive Employment Agreements and Change in Control Arrangements
Structuring for M&A Transactions, Withstanding Shareholder Scrutiny, Avoiding Adverse Tax Consequences
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with guidance on structuring change in control (CIC) arrangements in executive employment agreements. The panel will discuss strategies for negotiating and drafting golden parachute provisions that minimize employee taxes and protect employer deductions while furthering company and shareholder interests.
- Overview of change in control agreements
- Potential compensation upon a change in control
- Tax implications
- Section 280G golden parachute excise tax
- Section 409A restrictions on deferred compensation
- Drafting and negotiating strategies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What compensation strategies are most effective for meeting 280G requirements, safe harbor, or exemptions?
- How do Sections 280G and 409A differ in defining "change in control"?
- What CIC issues should buyers conducting M&A due diligence consider?
Anthony J. Eppert
Hunton Andrews Kurth
Mr. Eppert's multi-disciplinary legal practice focuses on executive compensation, ESOPs and employee benefit... | Read More
Mr. Eppert's multi-disciplinary legal practice focuses on executive compensation, ESOPs and employee benefit arrangements (including their related tax, accounting, securities and corporate governance issues) in the United States and abroad.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 12/04/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 12/04/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H