EU Anti-Corruption Compliance: Meeting the Complex and Evolving Requirements, Mitigating Legal Risks
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel for U.S. companies doing business in the EU on implementing and strengthening anti-corruption compliance programs. The panel will review anti-corruption laws of the EU member states and best practices to minimize corruption risks when doing business in these countries.
Potential corruption risks of doing business in the EU
- Overview of EU Anti-Corruption Report findings
- Recent enforcement cases involving conduct in EU member states
- Comparison of corruption risks in EU member states
Anti-corruption laws and enforcement environment in the EU
- UK Bribery Act
- Overview of other EU anti-corruption laws
Best practices for anti-corruption compliance
- Core Elements of Anti-Corruption Compliance Program
- Common Challenges in Implementing Compliance Program
- Strategies for Cost Effective and Robust Compliance Program
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What risk factors make companies conducting business in the EU more vulnerable to violations of the anti-corruption laws?
- What steps can companies take to minimize corruption risks under the anti-corruption laws of EU member states?
- What steps should counsel take to implement compliance programs to comply with the anti-corruption requirements of the EU member states?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ms. Atherton is involved in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution including litigation, arbitration, mediation,... | Read More
Ms. Atherton is involved in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution including litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication and expert determination. She advises clients on a wide range of disputes including those arising from commercial agreements, construction and engineering projects, and insurance and reinsurance contracts.Close
Isabelle De Smedt
Ms. De Smedt focuses her practice on corporate, mergers & acquisitions, complex litigation and the U.S. Foreign... | Read More
Ms. De Smedt focuses her practice on corporate, mergers & acquisitions, complex litigation and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") and related anti-corruption matters. She advises clients in connection with the FCPA and related anti-corruption and fraud matters. She also assists with anti-corruption compliance investigations with regard to foreign agents and business partners and with evaluations of the anti-corruption risks associated.Close
Edward J. Fishman
Mr. Fishman advises clients with respect to government and internal corporate investigations, corporate transactions,... | Read More
Mr. Fishman advises clients with respect to government and internal corporate investigations, corporate transactions, and related regulatory matters. He focuses on FCPA compliance and auditor independence requirements. Mr. Fishman has extensive experience representing companies in connection with FCPA compliance, due diligence, training and other risk management procedures. He also regularly advises clients on matters before the DOJ and the SEC.Close