Ethics for Tax Return Preparers: Meeting Standards for Conduct Under Circular 230, the NATP and the AICPA
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will provide federal tax return preparers with a thorough and comprehensive overview of the ethical requirements of Circular 230 and other relevant standards of conduct. The panel will discuss the sometimes conflicting duties preparers owe to both the taxpayer and the Internal Revenue Service, detail the standards of competency under Circular 230 Section 10.35, and offer guidance on protection of confidential client information. The event will feature practical scenarios involving client and IRS relations and offer guidance on how to navigate sometimes sticky ethical questions.
- Ethical standards governing preparers of federal returns
- Circular 230
- National Association of Tax Professionals Standards of Professional Conduct
- AICPA Statement on Standards for Tax Services No. 1
- Frequent areas of ethical concern for return preparers
- Hypothetical situations and possible solutions
The panel will drill into these and other relevant topics:
- Material terms of Circular 230, NATP standards of professional conduct, and AICPA SSTS No. 1.
- The expanded range of tax practitioners subject to taxpayer reporting ethics under Circular 230—and how the circular covers more advice and opinions by tax professionals.
- Ethical challenges that confront preparers of federal returns—using hypotheticals and offering practical solutions
Joe Marchbein, CPA
Tax Department Manager
Mr. Marchbein's experience covers tax planning, research and review, as well as IRS exams and procedures. He... | Read More
Mr. Marchbein's experience covers tax planning, research and review, as well as IRS exams and procedures. He previously worked with the IRS in various managerial positions.Close
Schreiber & Schreiber CPAs
Mr. Schreiber focuses his tax and accounting work on smaller business and individual clients. He is a frequent... | Read More
Mr. Schreiber focuses his tax and accounting work on smaller business and individual clients. He is a frequent writer and speaker, and he also is a member of the AICPA Tax Practice Responsibilities Committee.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.