Estate Planning for Farm and Ranch Owners: Key Issues for Planners and Administrators
Ownership Structures, Effective Transfer Methods, Income and Estate Tax Considerations, Estate Administration Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will guide estate planners and administrators on the critical legal challenges of estate planning for farmers. The panel will discuss the uniqueness of estate planning for farmers and ranchers, ownership structures and associated risks, and critical estate administration challenges and pitfalls that can be avoided.
- Estate planning for farms and ranches versus traditional planning
- Ownership structures and associated risks
- Dealing with the transition nuances
- Pitfalls in estate planning and overcoming administrative challenges
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How does estate planning for farmers differ from that of other clients?
- What are the most effective ownership structures and related risks?
- What transfer methods are available, and how to best avoid potential planning pitfalls?
Amy Wegner Kho
The Germany Law Firm
Ms. Kho practices principally in the areas of estate planning, succession planning for family businesses, specifically... | Read More
Ms. Kho practices principally in the areas of estate planning, succession planning for family businesses, specifically with farms and ranches, and estate administration. In addition, her practice encompasses probate and elder law, including Conservatorships and Guardianship, and probate review of personal injury settlements. Prior to focusing on estate planning and elder law, Ms. Kho has practiced in the areas of real estate, local government law, and natural resource law.Close
Ozarks Legacy Law
Mr. Payne has worked in a wide variety of cases for a wide variety of clients. He has over 20 years of experience... | Read More
Mr. Payne has worked in a wide variety of cases for a wide variety of clients. He has over 20 years of experience advising clients all over the Missouri Ozarks.Close