ESI Discovery in Federal Criminal Cases: Leveraging the New JETWG Recommendations
Government issues long-awaited guidance for criminal cases in Feb. 2012
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to attorneys in criminal matters on the newly released Recommendations for ESI Discovery issued by the Joint Electronic Technology Working Group. The panel will outline best practices for managing electronic discovery.
- New e-discovery protocol for criminal matters
- Investigative materials
- Witness statements
- Documentation of tangible objects
- Photographs and recordings
- Wire tap information
- Court records
- Immunity agreements, plea agreements and the like
- Related materials
- Best practices for managing e-discovery in criminal matters
- Meet and confer
- Search and information retrieval
- Preservation and retention
- Records disposal
- Legal holds
- Exchange of discovery
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What is the expected impact of the new ESI protocol in federal criminal matters?
- What approaches are available to deal with discovery exchange challenges?
- What measures can counsel use to properly preserve electronic information?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Andrew T. Wise
Miller & Chevalier
Mr. Wise defends clients in white collar criminal and civil trials and represents multinational companies in fraud and... | Read More
Mr. Wise defends clients in white collar criminal and civil trials and represents multinational companies in fraud and anti-corruption investigations. He defends clients in cases involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), mail and wire fraud, bribery and honest services fraud, price-fixing, and tax fraud. He also conducts internal investigations into potential violations of U.S. laws and regulations, and advises clients on compliance challenges and enforcement issues arising out of those investigations.Close
Miller & Chevalier
Her practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, with particular emphasis on complex financial crimes. She has... | Read More
Her practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, with particular emphasis on complex financial crimes. She has broad experience in internal and congressional investigations, particularly those relating to criminal tax, economic sanctions and export controls, anti-money laundering, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.Close