ERISA Remedies: Key Enforcement Provisions and Scope of Equitable Relief for Benefit Claims
Statutory and Plan Provision Violations, Section 502(a)(1)(B), Relief Under 502(a)(3), Limiting Equitable Remedies
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide employee benefits counsel with a detailed analysis of the types of remedies available under ERISA for benefit claims. The panel will discuss equitable relief under Section 502(a)(3), other key enforcement provisions under ERISA, the scope of relief, procedural strategies in litigation, and plan terms limiting the availability of equitable remedies.
- Benefit versus equitable claims under ERISA
- Key defenses on which ERISA based liability may turn
- Scope of equitable relief and recent case developments
- Key plan provisions focused on limiting the availability of equitable relief
- Best practices and procedural strategies for counsel in managing benefit and equitable claims
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the proven defenses for benefit claims under ERISA?
- What administrative processes are required under ERISA before litigation may proceed?
- How are courts addressing procedural and substantive issues?
- How can plans preserve and maximize their procedural and substantive defenses through plan design?
- What are best practices and procedural strategies for managing benefit and equitable claims?
Patrick W. Begos
Robinson & Cole
Mr. Begos is a founding member of the firm and heads the ERISA and Contract Disputes groups. He brings more than... | Read More
Mr. Begos is a founding member of the firm and heads the ERISA and Contract Disputes groups. He brings more than 20 years of litigation, arbitration, mediation and negotiation experience to the firm. He works primarily on cases involving business and personal disputes in a wide variety of commercial areas including ERISA benefits, insurance coverage, corporate governance, contract disputes and employment.Close
Clarissa A. Kang
Ms. Kang has handled a broad spectrum of litigation, including cases involving benefit claims, fiduciary issues, plan... | Read More
Ms. Kang has handled a broad spectrum of litigation, including cases involving benefit claims, fiduciary issues, plan administration, multiemployer plans, withdrawal liability, delinquent contributions, plan reimbursement and subrogation, non-ERISA benefit plans (such as governmental plans and church plans), and class actions.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H