ERISA Plan Investment Committee Governance: Avoiding Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims
Evaluating Fiduciary Risks and Litigating Alleged Breaches by Investment Committee Members
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide ERISA counsel, in-house corporate counsel, and plan sponsor decisionmakers with the tools to structure and implement appropriate investment committee policies and procedures. Our multi-disciplinary panel will provide best practices for selecting and training investment committees, techniques for vetting fiduciary risks and strategies for litigation.
- Importance of investment committee governance
- Investment committee best practices
- Vetting investment fiduciary committee risks
- Selecting investment committee members
- Conflicts of interest
- ERISA fiduciary liability insurance
- Litigating alleged breach of fiduciary duty claims
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the ERISA regulations with which investment committees must comply?
- How should plan sponsors vet fiduciary risks when selecting an investment committee?
- What litigation techniques can be implemented to minimize the likelihood of a finding of breach of fiduciary duty by an investment committee?
- What is the role of the economic expert in assessing investment committee performance and investment monitoring, post-Tibble?
- What is the role of ERISA fiduciary liability insurance?
Dr. Susan Mangiero
Dr. Mangiero a CFA® charterholder, certified Financial Risk Manager, Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®,... | Read More
Dr. Mangiero a CFA® charterholder, certified Financial Risk Manager, Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®, Certified Fraud Examiner and Professional Plan Consultant™. She has provided testimony and behind-the-scenes forensic analysis, calculation of damages and rebuttal report commentary for various investment governance, investment performance, fiduciary breach, prudence, risk and valuation matters. Dr. Mangiero has over 20 years of experience in capital markets, global treasury, asset-liability management, portfolio management, economic and investment analysis, derivatives, financial risk control and valuation. She is a frequent keynote speaker and has led workshops for numerous organizations.Close
SVP & Head of Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
Ms. Prussack is Head of Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability at BHSI. She has 25 years of insurance... | Read More
Ms. Prussack is Head of Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability at BHSI. She has 25 years of insurance industry experience, and has developed and brought to market state-of-the-art fiduciary liability policy forms and innovative coverages for corporations, organized labor, municipalities, and nonprofits. Ms. Prussack has written articles for and been quoted in many publications, and is a frequent speaker at ERISA and executive liability seminars around the U.S. and Canada.Close
Emily Seymour Costin
Alston & Bird
Ms. Costin focuses her practice on the defense of employment and employee benefits disputes and counseling employers,... | Read More
Ms. Costin focuses her practice on the defense of employment and employee benefits disputes and counseling employers, plan sponsors and fiduciaries on litigation avoidance strategies. Ms. Costin represents plan sponsors, insurers and fiduciaries in litigation over claims for benefits and breach of fiduciary duty under ERISA. She is the Chair of the ABA TIPS Employee Benefits Committee and a member of the ABA’s Joint Committee on Employee Benefits.Close