ERISA Group Health Plans: Complying With Complex HHS Regulations and Leveraging New Guidance
Structuring Privacy Policies, Security Breach Notifications, Business Associate Agreements, and More
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare ERISA counsel to comply with the confusing and complex HIPAA regulations for group health plans. Our experienced panelists will provide best practices in implementing required changes to privacy policies, security breach notifications, business associate agreements, and more.
Final privacy rule
- Privacy requirements and policies
- Notice of privacy practices
- Supplemental guidance
Final security and breach rules
- Security requirements and policies
- Breach requirements and notifications
- Supplement guidance
Business associate requirements
- Drafting requirements for business associate agreements
- Distinctions between employer, plan sponsor, and group health plan
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How are group health plans affected by the recent HIPAA regulations?
- What additional steps must be taken based on the series of supplemental guidance issued after the final omnibus rule?
- How must you draft business associate agreements in order to comply with the HIPAA regulations?
- What is the distinction between the plan sponsor and the group health plan? How does this distinction impact the applicability of the HIPAA regulations?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ryan P. Blaney
Mr. Blaney's practice focuses on representing clients in the healthcare and life sciences industries in a wide... | Read More
Mr. Blaney's practice focuses on representing clients in the healthcare and life sciences industries in a wide range of matters including healthcare fraud and abuse, civil and criminal government investigations, qui tam and whistleblower disputes under the False Claims Act and other federal and state laws and regulations, HIPAA privacy and data security, compliance and transactional services, and antitrust matters.Close
Tiffany D. Downs
Ms. Downs advises and assists plan administrators and fiduciaries with the design, drafting and administration of... | Read More
Ms. Downs advises and assists plan administrators and fiduciaries with the design, drafting and administration of welfare and pension plans, including qualified and non-qualified plans, as well as ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, and COBRA compliance issues. She defends claims under ERISA for benefits, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and claims for equitable relief and discrimination for ERISA plan sponsors, plan administrators, fiduciaries, and third-party administrators.Close