Equity Rollovers in M&A Transactions
Negotiating and Structuring Rollovers; Tax Considerations for Buyers and Sellers
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide deal counsel in structuring equity rollovers in M&A transactions, focusing on current market trends, governance provisions, stock rights, and tax considerations for both buyers and sellers.
- Equity rollovers: current market trends
- Structuring rollover provisions: rights of the seller
- Preemptive rights
- Tag-along, drag-along rights
- Registration rights
- Voting rights
- Transfer restrictions
- Tax implications and deal structures to optimize tax outcomes
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- How can equity rollovers be used to facilitate a smooth ownership and management transition in M&A deals?
- What are the critical tax issues to understand and consider when using equity rollovers?
- What stock rights must be negotiated between the buyer and seller in a rollover transaction?
Michael P. Spiro
Finn Dixon & Herling
Mr. Spiro chairs the firm's Tax group, where his practice focuses on providing federal and state tax... | Read More
Mr. Spiro chairs the firm's Tax group, where his practice focuses on providing federal and state tax advice in connection with domestic and international transactions, including hedge and private equity fund formations, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financings and restructurings.Close
Theodore W. (Ted) Wern
Mr. Wern represents public and private companies, private equity funds, family offices, and other investor groups.... | Read More
Mr. Wern represents public and private companies, private equity funds, family offices, and other investor groups. Committed to serving as a trusted advisor to his clients, Mr. Wern emphasizes efficiency and creative problem solving in complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, growth equity financings, private placements, joint ventures, and fund formation. He also provides general corporate counseling for portfolio companies and other private company clients. He is a regular author and speaker on topics relating to private equity and M&A transactions.Close