Equity Rollovers in M&A Transactions: Negotiating and Structuring Rollovers, Tax Considerations for Buyers and Sellers
An encore presentation with Live Q&A.
A 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE course will guide deal counsel in structuring equity rollovers in M&A transactions, focusing on current market trends, governance provisions, stock rights, and tax considerations for buyers and sellers.
- Equity rollovers: current market trends
- Structuring rollover provisions: rights of the seller
- Tax implications and deal structures to optimize tax outcomes
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- How can equity rollovers be used to facilitate a smooth ownership and management transition in M&A deals?
- What are the critical tax issues to understand and consider when using equity rollovers?
- What stock rights must be negotiated between the buyer and seller in a rollover transaction?
An encore presentation featuring Live Q&A.
Squire Patton Boggs
Ms. Asaad represents private equity sponsors and corporate clients in connection with acquisitions, minority... | Read More
Ms. Asaad represents private equity sponsors and corporate clients in connection with acquisitions, minority investments, divestitures, joint ventures, financings, restructurings and other corporate matters. She has completed numerous complex transactions on behalf of many sophisticated private equity firms, including leveraged buyouts and co-investments. Ms. Asaad has also represented private equity firms and their portfolio companies in related matters, including financings, recapitalizations, follow-on acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, dual track exits, carve-outs, corporate governance and management incentive plans.Close
Michael P. Spiro
Finn Dixon & Herling
Mr. Spiro chairs the firm's Tax group, where his practice focuses on providing federal and state tax... | Read More
Mr. Spiro chairs the firm's Tax group, where his practice focuses on providing federal and state tax advice in connection with domestic and international transactions, including hedge and private equity fund formations, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financings and restructurings.Close