Equity Rollovers in M&A: Bridging the Finance and Valuation Gap
Negotiating and Structuring Rollovers; Tax Considerations for Buyers and Sellers
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to deal counsel for structuring equity rollovers in M&A transactions, focusing on current market trends, governance provisions, stock rights, and tax considerations for both buyers and sellers.
- Equity rollovers—current market trends
- Structuring rollover provisions: rights of the seller
- Preemptive rights
- Tag-along, drag-along rights
- Registration rights
- Voting rights
- Transfer restrictions
- Tax implications and deal structures to optimize tax outcomes
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- In what situations are seller equity rollovers an attractive financing option for private equity M&A deals?
- What are the critical tax issues to understand and consider when using equity rollovers?
- What stock rights must be negotiated between the buyer and seller in a rollover transaction?
David R. Hardy
Osler Hoskin & Harcourt
Mr. Hardy’s practice focuses on corporate and international tax including the tax issues affecting corporations... | Read More
Mr. Hardy’s practice focuses on corporate and international tax including the tax issues affecting corporations in the energy industry. He has been involved in cross-border merger transactions, real estate and private equity partnerships. Mr. Hardy is a frequent speaker at tax conferences and frequently writes on various topics.Close
George H. Wang
Mr. Wang focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and broad-scope business... | Read More
Mr. Wang focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and broad-scope business transactions on behalf of clients in North America, Asia and Europe. He represents clients on domestic and cross-border M&As, private equity, venture capital and related transactions. He also serves as de facto general counsel for the U.S. operations of several global clients, providing his strategic legal experience in completing multijurisdictional M&A transactions as well as corporate, joint venture, strategic alliance and licensing matters and general legal advice.Close