EPA and Recent Environmental Justice Developments: NEPA, Changing State Laws, Title VI
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide environmental counsel on the impact of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), its recent amendments, applicable state law changes, and the recent role of courts. The panel will also examine environmental justice (EJ) trends, applicability of Title VI, establishment of the new EJ office, EPA's Office of General Counsel (OGC) new guidance, the updated EPA EJSCREEN mapping tool, and best practices for addressing environmental disparities with proposed projects and facilities.
- Overview of NEPA and recent amendments
- NEPA's policies and procedures
- NEPA and case law
- EJ recent developments and trends
- State laws and EJ
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
- New EJ national office
- EPA's OGC guidance
- Updated EJSCREEN mapping tool
- Remedies and best practices
The panel will examine these and other key issues:
- What is the scope of NEPA and recent amendments?
- How do changing state laws and court decisions provide new avenues for EJ claims?
- What steps can counsel take to assist their clients with EJ best practices in moving projects forward?
Taft Stettinius & Hollister
Mr. Sweet’s practice is focused on environmental law, including litigation. He has experience working closely... | Read More
Mr. Sweet’s practice is focused on environmental law, including litigation. He has experience working closely with clients to obtain optimal results and recognizes when settlement is preferable to litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Sweet worked as the Deputy Attorney General at the Office of the Indiana Attorney General in the Administration and Regulatory Enforcement Litigation Section. During this time, he handled joint state and federal enforcement cases against Fortune 500 companies, coordinated closely with state and federal agencies, including elected officials, and managed a high volume of cases.Close
to be announced.