Environmental Insurance, Escrows, and Contractual Transfers in the Context of Contaminated Property Cleanups, Purchases and Sales
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will review both traditional and evolving environmental insurance products (e.g., Pollution Legal Liability, Cost Cap and Excess of Indemnity), escrows, contractual liability transfers and other tools in the context of the cleanup and/or transfer of contaminated properties.
- Use of environmental insurance and other risk transfer tools to support Fixed-Price Cleanups and Purchases/Sales of Contaminated Properties
- Why use
- When to use
- How to use
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Mechanics of Tools
- Lessons Learned
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- How can costs be best quantified and fixed?
- How can costs be best reduced?
- How can cleanup quality be best improved?
- What are the opportunities (and best means) of negotiating and manuscripting favorable language in policies, escrows and other risk management tools?
- What are the challenges and pitfalls of using the various tools?
Michael O. Hill
Founder & Principal
Alba Risk Management Services
Mr. Hill is an attorney and also a surplus lines insurance broker, and his firm is a surplus lines insurance brokerage... | Read More
Mr. Hill is an attorney and also a surplus lines insurance broker, and his firm is a surplus lines insurance brokerage as well as a law firm. He previously served as a DOJ Trial Attorney, as Partner in a large Washington, D.C. law firm, and as Chairman of Marsh’s Environmental Practice, then the world’s largest environmental insurance brokerage. He created his multidisciplinary firm, Alba, in 2004, and beginning in 2010, he also helped establish and served as Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel of the $773M Trust created by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to remediate and redevelop the 89 industrial properties left behind in the General Motors bankruptcy.Close
George von Stamwitz
As leader of the firm’s Environmental practice area, Mr. von Stamwitz manages environmental litigation,... | Read More
As leader of the firm’s Environmental practice area, Mr. von Stamwitz manages environmental litigation, compliance counseling and transactional matters. With more than 30 years of legal experience and 15 years of environmental risk transfer consulting, he has seen environmental risk in every conceivable business and regulatory context.Close