Energy Financing Opportunities in the Stimulus Act
Leveraging New Grants, Loans and Tax Incentives for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will review provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and the Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008 relevant to renewable energy and energy efficiency programs — and what the energy industry and their counsel can do to take advantage of new funding and incentives.
- Economic Stimulus package highlights
- Renewable energy and transmission loan guarantees
- Smart grid and electricity transmission investments
- Tax credits and grants
- State energy grant
- Bailout bill highlights
- Tax incentives
- Extensions for tax credits
- Taking advantage of opportunities
- Know the processes, entities through which the governing bodies will administer funds
- Develop criteria for evaluating recovery projects
- Bringing renewables to market
- Developing a workforce able to produce a major increase in renewables infrastructure
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the provisions of the ARRA that promote renewable energy, energy efficiency and smart grid?
- What incentives are available for the energy industry under the Energy Improvement Act?
- What are the key processes that companies and counsel should develop now to benefit most from the ARRA and the Energy Improvement Act?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
John T. W. Mercer
He concentrates in the areas of finance and other complex transactions, with particular emphasis on the electric power... | Read More
He concentrates in the areas of finance and other complex transactions, with particular emphasis on the electric power industry, including corporate transactions and acquisitions and independent power projects. He chairs the firm's Project Development and Finance Practice Group.Close
Philip H. Spector
His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border equipment and facility financing, including project finance and... | Read More
His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border equipment and facility financing, including project finance and leveraged and operating leasing. He also has experience with taxation of securitization transactions, financial products, foreign investment in the U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions. His practice also includes tax controversy work.Close
Bonnie A. Suchman
She provides counsel and advice to clients with regard to the recently passed economic stimulus bill, advocates... | Read More
She provides counsel and advice to clients with regard to the recently passed economic stimulus bill, advocates energy-related positions to relevant congressional staff and the U.S. Department of Energy, and advises utility companies regarding establishment and enforcement of transmission reliability standards in North America.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio