Endorsement and Sponsorship Agreement Pitfalls: Promoting and Protecting Brands
Negotiating Exclusivity, Morals Clauses, Termination and IP Rights With Celebrities, Athletes, and Social Media Influencers
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide business counsel with a roadmap for drafting and negotiating standard contractual provisions in endorsement and sponsorship agreements with celebrities and athletes. The panel will discuss clauses that should be included in the arrangements and explain strategies for avoiding common negotiation pitfalls.
- Key terms in endorsement and sponsorship agreements--lessons from the trenches
- Renewal rights
- Termination, including morals clauses
- Trademark and IP rights
- Other high priority terms
- Strategies for streamlined negotiations and resolving contract disputes
The panel will review these and other essential questions:
- What are the key contract terms to include in celebrity endorsement and sponsorship agreements?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during contract negotiations, and what are some effective strategies for resolving them?
- What other considerations are necessary when negotiating with entities, such as a team, league, festival, or stadium?
Steven B. Smith
Mr. Smith is the Managing Partner of the Colorado Springs office. His practice focuses on sports law, including... | Read More
Mr. Smith is the Managing Partner of the Colorado Springs office. His practice focuses on sports law, including naming rights, sponsorships, licensing agreements, stadium operations, television and media contracts, and representing leagues and National Governing Bodies. Mr. Smith has been recognized as a "Leader in His Field" for Sports Law by Chambers USA 2011.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 10/04/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 10/04/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H