Employment Arbitration Agreements
Crafting Enforceable Arbitration Clauses and Successfully Navigating the ADR Process
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide legal and practical guidance for crafting enforceable employment arbitration agreements and achieving favorable results in arbitration.
- Current legal trends and court treatment of employment arbitration agreements
- Crafting enforceable arbitration clauses
- Notice of mandatory arbitration
- No limitation of substantive rights or remedies
- Selection of arbitrator
- Payment of arbitration fees
- Practical strategies during the arbitration process
- Pre-arbitration conference
- Arbitration hearing (exhibits, evidence, strategy)
- Post-arbitration motions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the latest trends in how courts are treating mandatory arbitration clauses in employment contracts, applications and handbooks?
- What common drafting pitfalls often result in employment arbitration agreements being invalidated?
- What steps can employment counsel take to help ensure that agreements to arbitrate will be enforceable?
- How should parties to an arbitration hearing approach issues of arbitrator selection, arbitration costs and scope of discovery to help ensure a successful outcome?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Weil Gotshal & Manges
He has almost 30 years of experience handling complex commercial litigation and employment matters. He was previously a... | Read More
He has almost 30 years of experience handling complex commercial litigation and employment matters. He was previously a Managing Director at Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., where he ran the firm’s Employment Law Group. He has lectured widely on professional ethics, Sarbanes-Oxley issues, and employment matters.Close
Alfred G. Feliu
Vandenberg & Feliu
He has represented clients in all aspects of employment and labor law for almost three decades. He is also a... | Read More
He has represented clients in all aspects of employment and labor law for almost three decades. He is also a well-respected arbitrator and mediator, most notably as a member of the American Arbitration Association’s Complex Commercial Case, Class Action, and Employment Disputes Panels and heads Vandenberg & Feliu’s ADR practice.Close
Margaret L. Watson
McElroy Deutsch Mulvaney & Carpenter
She has more than 20 years litigation experience in employment law, alternative dispute resolution programs and... | Read More
She has more than 20 years litigation experience in employment law, alternative dispute resolution programs and internal investigations. Her areas of expertise include Title VII discrimination actions, whistleblower and retaliation claims and all aspects of employee relations. She has served as trial counsel in both federal and state courts, as well as in arbitrations before FINRA, AAA and JAMS.Close