Employee Handbook Best Practices in 2021 and Beyond
Social Media Policies, Leave Practices, Whistleblower Protections, Arbitration Provisions, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide counsel on drafting or revising an employee handbook. Many topics contained in employee handbooks--such as arbitration, social media, and whistleblower protection--have been the subject of recent regulatory and judicial developments, as well as the need to account for changes due to the current pandemic and the increased use of work from home. Failure to take these changes into account can leave a company exposed to liability.
- Recent developments impacting employee handbooks and policies
- Best practices for drafting employee handbooks
- Special issues for multistate employers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the most common handbook provisions that are being challenged by employees and the NLRB?
- What types of prohibitions on employee communications in employee handbooks run afoul of the NLRA?
- How can employee handbook provisions be drafted to avoid or void unintended legal liability?
Megann K. McManus
Ms. McManus' practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including preventive advice and... | Read More
Ms. McManus' practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including preventive advice and counseling.Close
Christopher M. Repole
Mr. Repole's practice focuses on traditional labor law matters.| Read More
Mr. Repole's practice focuses on traditional labor law matters.Close
Teresa R. (Terri) Tracy
Freeman Freeman & Smiley
Ms. Tracy represents management in all areas of labor and employment law and litigation, including wrongful... | Read More
Ms. Tracy represents management in all areas of labor and employment law and litigation, including wrongful termination, discrimination, wage and hour, class action, union organizing campaigns, grievances and arbitrations, and collective bargaining. She also provides preventive services, including comprehensive counseling and training.Close