Employee-Created Intellectual Property: Securing Ownership Rights
Structuring Assignment Agreements and Third-Party Contractor Agreements, Navigating Carve Outs and Preexisting Obligations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide IP counsel with guidance on securing ownership to IP created by employees or independent contractors. The panel will discuss strategies for structuring employee assignment agreements and third-party contractor agreements. The panel will also address key provisions, carve outs, preexisting obligations and other hurdles to ensuring ownership.
- Structuring employee assignment agreements
- Structuring third-party contractor agreements
- Navigating carve outs and preexisting obligations
- Best practices for ensuring ownership of employee-generated IP
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What key provisions should counsel include in employee assignment agreements?
- What hurdles must counsel watch for to establish ownership of employee or contractor-created IP?
- What are strategies should IP counsel employ to ensure ownership of employee or contractor-created IP?
Joel B. Ard
Mr. Ard focuses his litigation practice on the defense of patent infringement claims and challenges to patent validity... | Read More
Mr. Ard focuses his litigation practice on the defense of patent infringement claims and challenges to patent validity as well as disputes over trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property. A registered patent attorney, he has deep experience in post-grant practice before the Patent Office. Mr. Ard works closely with trial teams preparing patent portfolios for assertive litigation through rigorous “pre-examination” claim validity review and owner-directed re-examination and correction.Close
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
Mr. Feingold's practice focuses on trademark, copyright, advertising and Internet matters. He has handled complex... | Read More
Mr. Feingold's practice focuses on trademark, copyright, advertising and Internet matters. He has handled complex trademark litigation matters and sophisticated transactional projects. He advises clients with large global portfolios on how to effectively and efficiently manage and utilize these assets to further their business objectives privacy issues and other Internet-specific problems.Close