Emerging Class Action Threat: Consumer Personal Identification Data Violations
Strategies to Minimize Litigation Risks and Maximize Insurance Coverage
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will analyze the Pineda v. Williams Sonoma case and its anticipated impact on class action litigation nationally, particularly in states with similar state privacy statutes. The panel will provide strategies to minimize litigation exposure and maximize insurance coverage.
- Analysis of Williams Sonoma case and Song-Beverly Credit Card Act
- Impact of ruling on class action claims in other states
- Strategies to minimize litigation exposure
- Strategies to maximize insurance coverage
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What is the scope of the William-Sonoma ruling and are there other retailer/merchant practices at risk?
- What additional states have consumer personal identification data protection statutes that could be similarly interpreted?
- What steps can companies take to minimize exposure to this latest class action threat?
- What type of insurance coverage addresses this new risk and how can businesses maximize their existing coverage?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Donna L. Wilson
Ms. Wilson represents financial services providers, including banks, mortgage companies, national retailers,... | Read More
Ms. Wilson represents financial services providers, including banks, mortgage companies, national retailers, franchisors, telecommunications and media companies in a variety of privacy and information security, fair credit and state unfair and deceptive trade practice matters. She writes and lectures extensively on class action litigation, privacy and data breach issues, and insurance coverage.Close
Linda D. Kornfeld
Jenner & Block
A nationally recognized insurance coverage litigator with extensive trial and appellate experience, she represents... | Read More
A nationally recognized insurance coverage litigator with extensive trial and appellate experience, she represents corporate and individual policyholders in high-stakes cases and has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for her clients in insurance matters. She provides strategic counseling to in-house counsel and senior executives on mitigating risk and maximizing insurance recoveries.Close
Patrick N. Keegan
He is an experienced litigator who represents individuals in consumer fraud and employment class action and individual... | Read More
He is an experienced litigator who represents individuals in consumer fraud and employment class action and individual cases.Close