Emergency Medicaid Planning: Mitigating the Damage of Inept Planning and Changed Circumstances
Spend-Down Strategies, Excess Assets, Minimizing the Fallout of Ineffective Trusts, Navigating the Application Process
This program is postponed. New date TBD.
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide elder counsel guidance on emergency Medicaid planning to correct and minimize the damage of ineffective Medicaid planning methods. The panel will discuss critical issues that impact Medicaid planning techniques, navigating the application process, spend-down strategies for Medicaid eligibility, excess assets and mitigating the fallout of ineffective trusts.
- Medicaid eligibility rules and factors to consider
- Qualifying for Medicaid when income exceeds the limit
- Qualifying for Medicaid when assets exceed the limit
- Minimizing the fallout of ineffective trusts
- Navigating the application process for emergency Medicaid
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the critical factors in determining Medicaid eligibility?
- How can you qualify for Medicaid when your income exceeds the limit?
- What methods are available to qualify for Medicaid when your assets exceed the limit?
- What options are available to limit the fallout of an ineffective trust for Medicaid purposes?
- Essential spend-down techniques and landmines to avoid
- Emergency Medicaid application process and items of focus
Ms. Dowell assists older clients, their children and other family members with Nursing Home, Medicaid, asset... | Read More
Ms. Dowell assists older clients, their children and other family members with Nursing Home, Medicaid, asset preservation, asset distribution, probate, guardianship, and other issues. In addition, she drafts legal documents such as Wills, Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and Health Care Surrogates.Close
Thomas R. Krause, J.D.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Krause Financial Services
Mr. Krause is the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Krause Financial Services. He specializes in using annuities... | Read More
Mr. Krause is the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Krause Financial Services. He specializes in using annuities to accelerate eligibility for government benefits, expert testimony, and litigation support when attorneys are faced with a Medicaid denial, and the valuation and sale of non-compliant annuities. Mr. Krause has a passion for teaching elder law attorneys crisis Medicaid planning strategies for their senior clients. He speaks at legal forums throughout the country and often hosts our national KrauseCAST webinar series, which focuses on providing the knowledge and resources needed to be successful in the industry. Mr. Krause was also recently featured in the American Bar Association’s “Voice of Experience” publication, where he discussed how a Medicaid Compliant Annuity can help seniors in need of nursing home care.Close