E-Discovery Cost Containment: Legal Strategies
Leveraging Economical Litigation Agreements, E-Mediation and Other Emerging Tools
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with strategies to contain e-discovery costs without sacrificing quality or increasing legal risks or potential court sanctions. The panel will review and evaluate emerging tools and ongoing developments within the legal profession.
- Meet and Confer Conference
- Framing the issues and expectations for discovery
- Economical litigation agreements
- E-mediation and special masters
- Preservation and Production
- Number of custodians, type of ESI reviewed, search terms, review method, handling privilege
- Technology strategies (processing and deduplication strategy, dealing with vendors)
- Production and post-production litigation support
- Discovery law
- Emerging trends
- Amendments to Federal Rules Civil Procedure
- 7th Circuit Pilot Program Report
- Model litigation prenup agreement
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can economical litigation agreements be used to streamline discovery?
- What developments in e-discovery law can assist counsel in limiting ESI production?
- How can counsel effectively use ADR and e-mediation to control e-discovery costs?
- What proposals are being made for amendments to FRCP to address the soaring cost of e-discovery?
Todd L. Nunn
His practice emphasizes electronic discovery and document production and class action defense. His class action... | Read More
His practice emphasizes electronic discovery and document production and class action defense. His class action defense experience includes defense of numerous nationwide and statewide consumer protection class actions. He has also defended government regulation, products liability, environmental, employment and securities class actions.Close
Rebecca G. Bradley
Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek
She concentrates her practice in commercial, information technology and intellectual property litigation and... | Read More
She concentrates her practice in commercial, information technology and intellectual property litigation and transactions. She has represented parties in litigation, mediations and arbitrations and has particular expertise in preparing and negotiating global software license agreement contracts involving open source software licensing, software development, consulting and hosting services.Close
Scott A. Carlson
He founded and co-chairs the Firm’s eDiscovery practice and is nationally known in the area of eDiscovery. His... | Read More
He founded and co-chairs the Firm’s eDiscovery practice and is nationally known in the area of eDiscovery. His practice is almost entirely devoted to eDiscovery and high technology issues from both the consulting and litigation perspective. He teaches a Masters of Law course on the subjects of eDiscovery, digital evidence, and computer forensics.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio