Due Diligence in Commercial Real Estate Purchases
Identifying and Mitigating Risks and Liabilities Before the Closing
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for real estate counsel on the critical due diligence steps that must occur before a commercial real estate purchase is finalized. The panel will provide approaches to identify and mitigate risks and liabilities and coordinate the due diligence team.
- Coordinating the due diligence team
- Navigating the due diligence process and mitigating risk
- Negotiating due diligence provisions in the purchase and sale agreement
- Allocating responsibility for due diligence tasks
- Title review
- Survey review
- Zoning review
- UCC and tax lien searches
- Review of financing documents
- Review of leases
- Special considerations for distressed assets
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What factors help determine the extent and type of due diligence sufficient for commercial real estate purchases?
- How do real estate investors and their counsel identify the appropriate members of the due diligence team and determine the roles of each?
- What are the common legal issues investors should consider when conducting due diligence prior to closing a purchase?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Paul J. Johnson
He is a transactional and business lawyer whose practice has a heavy emphasis on commercial and residential real estate... | Read More
He is a transactional and business lawyer whose practice has a heavy emphasis on commercial and residential real estate acquisition and development and on business acquisitions. He has been the lead attorney for many high profile real estate developments in Tarrant County and other parts of North Texas. He is a frequent speaker on real estate, acquisitions and corporate law matters.Close
Larry N. Woodard
Robbins Salomon & Patt
He has represented Fortune 500 companies, private developers, condominium associations, units of local government,... | Read More
He has represented Fortune 500 companies, private developers, condominium associations, units of local government, investors, landlords, tenants, private REITs and syndications in the development, financing, leasing, zoning, acquisition or disposal of their real estate interests. He has experience negotiating and documenting a broad range of transactional matters.Close
Robert K. Casey
Attorney at Law
He is a real estate and business transactional attorney experienced in all phases of real estate investment, finance,... | Read More
He is a real estate and business transactional attorney experienced in all phases of real estate investment, finance, development, construction, leasing, ownership and operation, as both attorney and principal with national and regional companies and law firms. He has executed several complex real estate transactions throughout the Western U.S. for Southern California developers and investors.Close