Drug or Medical Device Injuries: Litigating Joint Med Mal and Product Liability Claims
Navigating Complexities of Choice of Forum, Choice of Parties, Standards of Care, Causation, Defenses, Settlement and Damages
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance for counsel on complex issues faced in cases involving both medical malpractice and product liability claims for a drug or medical device injury. The panel will provide practical insights, experiences and best practices for plaintiff and defense counsel.
- Nature of a mixed medical malpractice and product liability case
- Unique legal issues to an action involving both claims
- Key considerations and strategies for the plaintiff
- Key considerations and strategies for the defendant
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the factual scenarios that support an action for both medical malpractice and product liability?
- What unique legal issues arise in an action based on joint medical malpractice and product liability claims?
- What are the key hurdles for plaintiffs — and how can they best be resolved?
- What litigation complications do defendants face — and how can these be resolved?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Jessica Cabral Odom
Ms. Odom concentrates her practice on complex products liability litigation, with a focus on pharmaceutical and... | Read More
Ms. Odom concentrates her practice on complex products liability litigation, with a focus on pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. In addition, she has experience representing and defending clients in medical malpractice and motor carrier liability cases.Close
Mr. Campbell began his legal career defending large corporations and insurance companies in significant personal... | Read More
Mr. Campbell began his legal career defending large corporations and insurance companies in significant personal injury cases across the country while working for one of the biggest and most respected law firms in the world. As a defense lawyer, he has tried numerous cases involving millions of dollars in damages. Mr. Campbell has been recognized as one of the top young lawyers in Georgia and named a Georgia Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine and the Super Lawyers publication.Close