Drafting Severance and Confidentiality Agreements Amid Continued SEC, EEOC and NLRB Scrutiny
Avoiding Agency Challenges to Confidentiality/Whistleblower, Non-Disparagement, Cooperation, No Rehire, Covenants Not to Sue
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide practical guidance on drafting severance and confidentiality agreements that will withstand heightened SEC, EEOC, NLRB and OSHA scrutiny. Our experienced panelists will discuss how to update or avoid contract provisions to minimize the likelihood of suits or agency challenges.
- SEC challenges to severance agreements
- EEOC requirements and legal framework for severance agreements
- NLRB requirements and legal framework
- Confidentiality provisions
- Employee behavior and conduct policies
- Non-disparagement provisions
- Drafting best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What should employers do to avoid or withstand SEC challenges to severance agreements?
- How can counsel to employers respond to the EEOC's concern with the once-acceptable language in the Kodak consent decree?
- How must confidentiality agreements be updated given the NLRB's announced concerns?
- What are the NLRA provisions on which the NLRB is challenging employment agreements that include non-disparagement and employee behavior provisions?
- What confidentiality provisions run afoul of OSHA's position on confidentiality provisions?
- What internal process changes can companies make to effect similar results as nondisclosure agreements?
Francine E. Love
Founder & Managing Attorney
Love Law Firm
Ms. Love is experienced in commercial transactions, corporate fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual... | Read More
Ms. Love is experienced in commercial transactions, corporate fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, employment law, privacy, cyber-security, risk management, litigation management, and corporate governance and formation.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 05/10/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 05/10/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H