Drafting Records Retention Policies for Construction Projects
Implementing Document Management Policies to Mitigate Risks, Reduce Costs and Minimize Discovery Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to construction counsel for electronic document management policies and procedures during the course of a construction project. The panel will also explain strategies for preparing for construction litigation, including meeting e-discovery requirements.
- Current trends in document management
- Types of electronic records involved in a typical construction project
- Technology/software commonly used for document management
- Best practices for pro-active document management
- Records the law requires companies to retain
- Records the law requires companies to destroy
- Records that must be retained for litigation
- Crafting records management and retention policies
- Preparing for litigation
- E-Discovery rules on litigation holds
- Data preservation
- Responding to discovery requests
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the legal risks of inadequate records management—and how can parties to construction projects and their counsel avoid these pitfalls?
- What are the critical elements of an effective document retention program?
- What time and cost-saving measures can construction companies and counsel employ to properly preserve electronic information in the event of litigation?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Richard G. Erickson
Snell & Wilmer
Mr. Erickson concentrates his practice in commercial litigation. He primarily represents owners, developers,... | Read More
Mr. Erickson concentrates his practice in commercial litigation. He primarily represents owners, developers, contractors, design professionals and subcontractors in the construction and real estate industries. He also practices military law and is a senior officer in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.Close
Senior Vice President & General Counsel
The Sundt Companies, Inc. provides general contracting, construction management, and design-build services for private... | Read More
The Sundt Companies, Inc. provides general contracting, construction management, and design-build services for private and public sector clients primarily in the United States and the Philippines. It offers preconstruction, post-construction, and program management services; and design phase project management services.Close
Southwest Regional Manager
He is responsible for the firm’s operations in the western region, including Arizona, Colorado and California. He... | Read More
He is responsible for the firm’s operations in the western region, including Arizona, Colorado and California. He has more than 25 years experience in the construction industry. Prior to coming to Austin Commercial, he was Vice President of construction for IDC, a division of CH2M Hill, and was responsible for major construction projects in Europe and Asia as well as the US.Close