Drafting Position Statements to Mitigate Full-Scale EEOC Investigations and Lawsuits
Strategic Techniques to Address Claims of Failure to Hire, Equal Pay, Class vs. Individual, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will equip employment counsel with practical techniques to draft EEOC position statements. The experienced panelists will outline strategies for responding to various types of EEOC charges while minimizing full-scale investigations and lawsuits.
- Internal investigation
- Position statement drafting techniques
- Class claims vs. individual claims
- Failure to hire claims
- Equal pay claims
- Policy and procedure best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What techniques should be implemented when conducting an internal investigation with the EEOC position statement in mind?
- Depending on the basis of the charge, what techniques should be used when drafting the position statement?
- What types of unnecessary information should employers avoid providing in position statements?
Julia P. Argentieri, Esq.
Ms. Argentieri focuses on representing employers in a broad range of workplace law matters, including counseling and... | Read More
Ms. Argentieri focuses on representing employers in a broad range of workplace law matters, including counseling and litigation. She has significant experience with training and counseling as well as defending administrative charges before the EEOC and IDHR, and handling all phases of litigation at the state and federal level. Ms. Argentieri previously spent several years as an in-house employment attorney for a large non-profit in the Chicago area.Close
Mr. Patten represents management in employment cases in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies.... | Read More
Mr. Patten represents management in employment cases in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies. His practice focuses primarily on employment litigation and counseling. He represents employers in individual and class-based lawsuits covering a wide range of statutes and subjects, including anti-discrimination and wage and hour laws.Close