Drafting Irrevocable Silent Trusts: Preserving Privacy of Trust Assets from Spendthrift Beneficiaries
Balancing Fiduciary Duties, Selecting Trust Situs and Type, Protecting Trust Assets, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will educate estate planning counsel on structuring irrevocable silent trusts. You will hear from experienced panelists as they discuss types of silent trusts, trust situs and the delicate balance between secrecy and fiduciary duties to the beneficiaries of the trust.
- Types of silent trusts
- Uniform Trust Code
- Types of state silent trust statutes
Trustee fiduciary duties
- Trust protectors
- Statutes of limitation
- Modification and termination
- Drafting best practices
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can counsel balance the trustee’s duties to the beneficiaries with the client's goal of privacy?
- What traditional provisions can be structured out of a silent trust?
- What are the various forms of silent trusts? What factors should be considered in deciding which type of trust is suitable for the client's needs?
- What is the procedure to modify or terminate a silent trust?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Law Office of Caitlin LoCascio-King
Ms. LoCascio-King provides a full-service civil law firm with a concentration on the ever-connecting areas of elder... | Read More
Ms. LoCascio-King provides a full-service civil law firm with a concentration on the ever-connecting areas of elder law, estate planning, Medicaid planning and probate. She is a member of the Maine State Bar Association and an honoree of the Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program which honors pro bono legal service in Maine. She has previously served as a presenter and faculty member on CLE courses in areas such as elder law, Medicare/Medicaid, trusts, probate and the solo practitioner.Close