Drafting Big Data Licensing Agreements: Maximizing Rights to Data While Balancing Access, Use and Ownership
IP, Privacy and Contractual Considerations for Licensors and Licensees
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to corporate and technology counsel for drafting and negotiating big data licenses. The panelist will discuss key provisions in licensing agreements and best practices to minimize IP, privacy, contract and other liability risks when obtaining and using consumer data to advance business interests.
- Big data licenses vs. traditional licenses
- Legal risks in big data licensing
- Key provisions in big data licensing agreement provisions
- Best practices for license negotiation and drafting
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What is “big data” and what are the key sources and uses for businesses?
- What legal risks arise for companies in obtaining and using big data for revenue generation?
- What provisions are critical in big data licensing agreements to maximize rights to big data and minimize legal risks?
Aaron K. Tantleff
Foley & Lardner
Mr. Tantleff focuses on providing legal and strategic guidance regarding information technology, outsourcing,... | Read More
Mr. Tantleff focuses on providing legal and strategic guidance regarding information technology, outsourcing, licensing, consulting, professional services, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply, and distribution agreements, as well as product acquisitions, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity investments where technology and intellectual property are of significant importance.Close