Drafting Asset Purchase Agreements: Reps, Warranties, Covenants, Conditions, Indemnity and Other Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to deal counsel for drafting and negotiating asset purchase agreements. The panel will discuss legal considerations when negotiating representations and warranties, indemnities, covenants, closing conditions and other key provisions, and will outline best practices necessary to minimize the likelihood of post-closing disputes and potentially litigation.
- Key provisions in asset purchase agreements
- What are the assets being sold and transferred
- Purchase price matters
- Representations and warranties
- Conditions of closing
- Post-closing conditions (if any)
- Jurisdiction and venue
- Anticipating and avoiding common drafting and enforcement issues
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are some issues unique to asset purchase acquisitions that deal counsel should take into consideration when negotiating asset purchase agreements?
- What are the key provisions to include and pitfalls to avoid when drafting the asset purchase agreement?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues in asset purchase agreement negotiations and what are some effective strategies for resolving them?
Shauro Bagchi, Esq.
Mr. Bagchi's practice is primarily focused on national and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, securities... | Read More
Mr. Bagchi's practice is primarily focused on national and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, business counseling, and general commercial contract drafting. He has significant experience drafting and preparing equity and asset sale transaction documents, merger agreements, securities offering memoranda, and various commercial agreements.Close
Sabharwal Globus & Lim
Ms. Globus represents a myriad of participants in the financial industry, including hedge funds, banks, broker-dealers,... | Read More
Ms. Globus represents a myriad of participants in the financial industry, including hedge funds, banks, broker-dealers, family offices and high net worth investors both domestically and internationally. She provides legal advice related to the purchase and sale of debt in distressed companies under the LSTA, LMA and LATAM self-governance organizations, the purchase of corporate claims, private equity and asset backed purchases, and the structure and negotiation of other high yield investment vehicles.Close