DOJ Guidance on Antitrust Compliance Programs: Practical Tips and Takeaways for Companies Large and Small
Implementing a Compliance Program That Avoids or Minimizes Antitrust Charges and Sentencing
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will examine the practical implications of recent U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) guidance on antitrust compliance policies. The panel will discuss the critical elements of an effective antitrust compliance program under the new DOJ guidance, the use of antitrust risk assessments or audits to allocate compliance resources, and the benefits of having a robust antitrust policy.
- Current antitrust enforcement climate
- Practical takeaways from DOJ's new policy on antitrust compliance
- Key elements of an "effective" antitrust compliance program
- Conducting antitrust audits or risk assessments to make the most of compliance spending
This panel will review these and other relevant matters:
- What kind of business activities present the greatest high antitrust risk?
- How should a company's size and risk profile impact the design of its antitrust compliance program?
- What practical steps can companies and trade associations take now to make their compliance programs "robust" and "effective," per the DOJ guidance?
Herbert F. Allen
Mr. Allen is an experienced litigator and antitrust counselor who helps clients tackle complex problems, both in the... | Read More
Mr. Allen is an experienced litigator and antitrust counselor who helps clients tackle complex problems, both in the courtroom and before government enforcement agencies. He represents clients in all phases of merger investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and has considerable experience with civil investigations and litigation. Mr. Allen's experience spans a wide range of industries, including pharmaceuticals, hospitals, dialysis, food products, banking, chemicals, transportation, motion pictures, college athletics, and electronics.Close
Jessica M. Andrade
Ms. Andrade is a commercial litigator and investigations attorney with Polsinelli, where she is chiefly associated with... | Read More
Ms. Andrade is a commercial litigator and investigations attorney with Polsinelli, where she is chiefly associated with the firm’s Government Investigations practice group. She has significant experience defending clients facing government investigations and enforcement proceedings, as well as in False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback, and Stark litigation. This experience includes working with clients in both the healthcare and government contracting industries. In addition, Ms. Andrade provides compliance advice to help clients avoid government inquiries.Close