DOJ/FTC Merger Guidelines and Review Process
Practice Pointers and Lessons Learned From Antitrust Enforcement Trends
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with a review of current evaluation of mergers at antitrust enforcement agencies, focusing on how the merger guidelines are working in the real world and lessons from recent enforcement actions.
- Overview of “textbook” review process under current guidelines
- Recent agency actions in merger reviews
- Comparison of theory to actual practice
- Key takeaways and lessons
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How do recent FTC/DOJ actions impact what you tell clients about merger review?
- What are the issues on which the federal agencies are focusing?
- What practices should counsel use when preparing for and going through agency review of transactions that are potentially problematic?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mark S. Ostrau
Fenwick & West
He co-chairs the Antitrust and Unfair Competition Group and represents clients before antitrust agencies in... | Read More
He co-chairs the Antitrust and Unfair Competition Group and represents clients before antitrust agencies in connection with the Hart–Scott–Rodino Act and other antitrust aspects of acquisitions.Close
James W. Lowe
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr
Mr. Lowe is a Partner in the firm's Regulatory and Government Affairs Department, and a Member of the... | Read More
Mr. Lowe is a Partner in the firm's Regulatory and Government Affairs Department, and a Member of the Antitrust and Competition and Aviation Practice Groups. He has extensive experience handling merger and civil and criminal non-merger investigations at the DOJ, the FTC, and other state and federal agencies.Close