Divorce and Equitable Division of Hidden and Unknown Assets: Best Practices and Strategies
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss best practices and strategies when counsel in an equitable division jurisdiction believes that all assets and property are not disclosed. The program will explain how to find veiled assets, "unknown" assets like frequent flyer miles or affinity benefits, when to involve a forensic accountant, what such a professional can and cannot accomplish, and how to weigh the costs against the potential benefits. The panel will also review the best options for counsel when it is counsel's client who is accused of hiding assets.
- Overview of equitable division
- Badges of fraud
- Benefits of using a forensic accountant
- Selecting the right accountant
- Formal discovery process to obtain information
- Informal discovery
- Avoiding illegal searches
The panel will review these and other issues:
- What are the signs that a party has more assets than they are letting on?
- At what point should a divorce attorney recommend a forensic accountant to their client?
- Is this a cost-effective approach to divorce?
- What is the risk a client loses more than he/she gains?
Kessler & Solomiany
Ms. Ehrlich focuses on providing clients with an individualized approach to his or her family law needs. Prior to... | Read More
Ms. Ehrlich focuses on providing clients with an individualized approach to his or her family law needs. Prior to joining Kessler & Solomiany, she worked as an associate attorney at Hedgepeth Heredia, LLC, gaining experience in areas such as divorce, contested child custody, complex and high asset division, domestic violence, alimony, and drafting complex prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $120
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$274 + $24.45 S&H