Distressed Real Estate Loan Acquisitions: Due Diligence Strategies and Contract Considerations
Best Practices For Buyers and Sellers of Commercial Mortgage and Mezzanine Loans
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance for real estate counsel on key due diligence issues involved in distressed real estate loan acquisitions. The panel will outline strategies to identify and mitigate risks and liabilities during the deal—and offer best practices for crafting risk mitigation contractual provisions.
- Review of loan documents
- Review of real estate asset
- Intercreditor issues
- A/B loans
- Senior mezzanine lender
- Pooling and servicing agreements
- Purchase contract negotiation strategies
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What factors help determine the extent and type of due diligence sufficient for distressed real estate loan acquisitions?
- What are the best practices for evaluating and managing legal and financial risks when buying or selling commercial mortgage and mezzanine loans?
- How can representations and warranties provisions be used to protect against unforeseen or overlooked diligence tasks?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Daniel B. Guggenheim
Pircher Nichols & Meeks
He has experience representing mortgage and mezzanine lenders, commercial and residential developers, and opportunity... | Read More
He has experience representing mortgage and mezzanine lenders, commercial and residential developers, and opportunity and hedge funds in all aspects of transactional real estate, including acquisitions and dispositions of real estate and related debt instruments, workouts, development projects, and debt and equity financings (with a focus on joint ventures).Close
Bruce E. Prigoff
Cox Castle & Nicholson
Mr. Prigoff represents real estate capital markets lenders and investors in bridge and mezzanine financing, A/B... | Read More
Mr. Prigoff represents real estate capital markets lenders and investors in bridge and mezzanine financing, A/B structured loan transactions, equity investment and discounted acquisitions of mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and B Notes. He possesses extraordinary expertise in the purchase and sale of distressed performing and non-performing loans, loan portfolios and properties.Close