Distressed M&A: Buying and Selling Businesses Facing Financial Trouble
Strategies for Structuring Winning Deals
Featuring the Perspective of an Investment Banker on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on M&A Deals
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
- Overview - impact of economic forces on M&A
- Opportunities for buyers and sellers in distressed M&A
- Purchasing from non-bankrupt companies
- Restructuring options available
- Section 363 sales process
- Best practices for structuring the distressed M&A deal (from the buyer’s and seller’s perspective)
- Cash deposits
- Representations and warranties
- Bid protections and procedures
- MAC clauses
- Closing conditions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key factors driving the increase in distressed M&A deals?
- What are some of the potential legal pitfalls in negotiating distressed M&A deals?
- What are the best practices for counsel on both sides of the deal to tailor terms in distressed transactions?
Michael E. Foreman
Dorsey & Whitney
He represents secured and unsecured lenders and creditors, acquirers of and investors in distressed assets, and... | Read More
He represents secured and unsecured lenders and creditors, acquirers of and investors in distressed assets, and reorganizing and financially distressed companies in Chapter 11 restructurings.Close
Joseph T. Kinning
Fulbright & Jaworski
He has counseled corporate clients through complex mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and other business... | Read More
He has counseled corporate clients through complex mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and other business transactions for more than 20 years.Close
He advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, special situations financing, financial restructuring and other... | Read More
He advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, special situations financing, financial restructuring and other corporate finance transactions. He also heads the office’s Distressed M&A Practice.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include program handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio