Digital Assets in Divorce: Locating, Identifying, and Valuing Cryptocurrency and Nonfungible Tokens
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide family law practitioners on identifying, locating, and valuing digital assets, such as cryptocurrency and nonfungible tokens (NFTs) in a divorce. The panel will offer best practices for handling the unique challenges of these ever more prevalent and increasingly more complex and valuable marital assets.
- Overview of digital assets
- Requesting records
- Reviewing records
- Forensic investigation strategies
- Best practices for counsel in handling digital assets in divorce
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are cryptocurrency and NFTs, and where are they found?
- How can divorce attorneys locate digital assets in a spouse's financial records?
- How are these volatile assets valued?
- What are the liquidity issues related to digital assets?
- What are best practices for counsel when handling divorces that involve cryptocurrency assets?
Mr. DiMichael is a partner in the forensic, litigation, and valuation services department. He is also the co-founder... | Read More
Mr. DiMichael is a partner in the forensic, litigation, and valuation services department. He is also the co-founder and co-leader of the firm's Digital Asset Committee, focusing on addressing the unique needs of Citrin Cooperman clients in the digital asset space.Close
Gregory Gilston, Esq.
Vetrano | Vetrano & Feinman
Mr. Gilston has chosen to limit his practice to family law, including the areas of divorce, custody, equitable... | Read More
Mr. Gilston has chosen to limit his practice to family law, including the areas of divorce, custody, equitable distribution, child support, alimony, spousal support, enforcement/modification of property settlement agreements, and prenuptial agreements.Close
Josh Shilts, CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA, CFE
Mr. Shilts provides law firms, corporations, individuals, trustees, receivers and government entities with expert... | Read More
Mr. Shilts provides law firms, corporations, individuals, trustees, receivers and government entities with expert analysis of financial issues resulting from judicial proceedings, regulation, and strategic decisions.Close